US Academic Marketing Associate or Manager
A strong interest in positioning, marketing and publicizing books in key areas of our list, including political and social theory, history, economics, cultural theory, international politics, and philosophy, is a must.
The Academic Marketing candidate will work closely with a team in New York and London, and should be adept at working independently with multiple and shifting priorities.
This position is fully remote due to COVID-19 and may continue to be so after our office reopens, but working in our Brooklyn, New York office would also be welcome.
Principal Duties include:
- Working closely with authors and editors to promote academic titles in creative ways, utilizing trade marketing, direct to consumer marketing and publicity
- Leading academic marketing campaigns for approximately 10-15 titles per season
- Building relationships with professors and academic departments
- Writing marketing and publicity materials and pitching select print, radio and podcast features and interviews
- Managing award submissions for the US and Canada
- Working with editors, publicists and marketing staff to position titles for sales, publicity and direct marketing campaigns
The most important qualification is your interest and enthusiasm in the subject areas we publish in and your excitement in helping these titles reach a wide audience. Strong organizational skills, creative thinking and the ability to effectively and concisely convey complex arguments are a must. Knowledge of Verso’s publishing mission and backlist is an advantage. Fluency in languages other than English is highly valued.
The salary range is $40k-57k depending on experience.
Benefits include fully funded health, vision and dental insurance, a 401k with an employer match, and 25 days of vacation.
Verso embraces diversity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds. Candidates with diverse backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply.
Please submit a cover letter and resume with at least two professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Academic Marketing Candidate” and your name.
The deadline to apply is January 17, 2021.